RE: comments regarding 21-05-0361-00-0000

-----Original Message-----
From: Peretz Feder [mailto:pfeder@lucent.com]
Sent: Sunday, September 18, 2005 10:57 PM
To: Peretz Feder
Cc: Gupta, Vivek G; Olvera-Hernandez, Ulises; yogeshbhatt@motorola.com;
stefano.faccin@nokia.com; ronnykim@lge.com; xiaoyu.liu@samsung.com;
wolfgang.groeting@siemens.com; stefan.berg@siemens.com;
kalyan.koora@siemens.com; jins978@lge.com; yohba@tari.toshiba.com;
subir@research.telcordia.com; Qiaobing Xie;
STDS-802-21@listserv.ieee.org
Subject: comments regarding 21-05-0361-00-0000

Guys:

1) I fail to understand Figure B and it has zero explanation. Does case
2 implies two different connections to the same PoA? Didn't we indicated
Ib is between PoA to another PoA? Here Ib indicates remote MIH, which is
not consistent with the communication model.
[Vivek G Gupta]
Yes, the above Figure has no explanation in the above contribution.
Fig B in above contribution is *NOT* proposed to be included in the
draft.
It is in there so that it can be discussed as part of some other
comments (no 85) as specified in the Commentary.

2) What happened to the old section 5.3.3? changed? removed?
[Vivek G Gupta]
Comment 85 (in my version of the Commentary tool) proposes new text (as
part of Comment) to replace old section 5.3.3. in draft version 02
(MIHF-MIHF communication in the Network) with some new text.

3) Why are we removing MAC-SAP from 802.11? Will all MAC related events
will be require to go through LLC (data plane?)
[Vivek G Gupta]
No events have currently been proposed to go through MAC_SAP in 802.11.
Events in 802.11 are expected to go through management plane and/or data
plane.

4) "The MIH_LINK_SAP SAP specifies the interface between MIH and the
management plane" If it is a management interface why do we change its
name from MGMT-SAP to LINK_SAP?
[Vivek G Gupta]
In general this SAP defines the interface between MIH Function and Link
layer. The communication happens to go through management (and data)
plane. Hence MIH_LINK_SAP was suggested as an alternate more appropriate
name. No new primitives are required for data plane though in this case.
This diagram has been presented earlier in "L2 requirements for 802.11"
teleconference.

5) What is the rational for removing MGMT-SAP from 802.16 in section
5.5.3?
[Vivek G Gupta]
Management primitives in 802.16 are expected to be part of M_SAP as
shown in the new diagram (as per Figure 304 included in 802.16g Aug
revision). Please review the 802.16g document for more details. Again
this diagram has been presented earlier in "L2 requirements for 802.16"
teleconferences as well.

6) 5.6.3.1. I believe we need to mention here that we are also dealing
with the station management as intended originally.
[Vivek G Gupta]
Yes the MIH Function can be both on STA and AP and hence the above is
implied anyway.