Re: comments regarding 21-05-0361-00-0000

Vivek; See in line PF comments

Peretz

On 9/19/2005 2:32 AM, Gupta, Vivek G wrote:

> [...]
PF: Please list here the comment, it is hard to follow it from the
commentary.

>2) What happened to the old section 5.3.3? changed? removed?
>[Vivek G Gupta]
>Comment 85 (in my version of the Commentary tool) proposes new text (as
>part of Comment) to replace old section 5.3.3. in draft version 02
>(MIHF-MIHF communication in the Network) with some new text.

PF: I can't read it from 85. Please list here.

>3) Why are we removing MAC-SAP from 802.11? Will all MAC related events
>will be require to go through LLC (data plane?)
>[Vivek G Gupta]
>No events have currently been proposed to go through MAC_SAP in 802.11.
>Events in 802.11 are expected to go through management plane and/or data
>plane.

PF: So data plane events are LLC and the rest are management plane? Are
you indicating you reviewed all the MAC events and none go through MAC-SAP?

>4) "The MIH_LINK_SAP SAP specifies the interface between MIH and the
>management plane" If it is a management interface why do we change its
>name from MGMT-SAP to LINK_SAP?
>[Vivek G Gupta]
>In general this SAP defines the interface between MIH Function and Link
>layer. The communication happens to go through management (and data)
>plane.

PF: Data plane as of LLC, correct?

>Hence MIH_LINK_SAP was suggested as an alternate more appropriate
>name.

PF: Not sure. If LLC addressing the data plane and what's left is
management plane why not call it management. Are you saying data plane
goes through LINK-SAP as well?

>No new primitives are required for data plane though in this case.
>This diagram has been presented earlier in "L2 requirements for 802.11"
>teleconference.
>

>5) What is the rational for removing MGMT-SAP from 802.16 in section
>5.5.3?
>[Vivek G Gupta]
>Management primitives in 802.16 are expected to be part of M_SAP as
>shown in the new diagram (as per Figure 304 included in 802.16g Aug
>revision). Please review the 802.16g document for more details. Again
>this diagram has been presented earlier in "L2 requirements for 802.16"
>teleconferences as well.

PF: Yes I see. I thought MGMT-SAP existing at one point? Will check old
drafts.

>6) 5.6.3.1. I believe we need to mention here that we are also dealing
>with the station management as intended originally.
>[Vivek G Gupta]
>Yes the MIH Function can be both on STA and AP and hence the above is
>implied anyway.

PF: Can we spell it out? not just imply.