Re: [802.3_ISAAC] Comment on presentation today

Hi Mehmet,

I missed that ASA shared its spec with 802.3 WG. Sorry about that.

The assumptions made for 25Gbps theoretical feasibility study as presented yesterday are different than for A-PHY v2.0.

The modulation is different (PAM4 vs. PAM16) leading to a lower Nyquist.

The technology used for handling automotive noise conditions is fundamentally different in A-PHY.

  • Retransmission + Just in Time Noise Cancellation vs. FEC

As for whether the technology used by A-PHY for handling automotive noise, Jaspar performed successful EMC testing on A-PHY v1.0 product from Valens in 2022 (reference: Following Successful Testing of Valens Semiconductor Chipsets, Leading Japanese Automotive Association JASPAR Validates the MIPI A-PHY Standard (prnewswire.com))

If you wish to further evaluate A-PHY Spec and the group determines that it wants to look at A-PHY, then a request can be made to MIPI for a liaison and share the current draft of A-PHY v2.0.

Thanks

Ariel