Re: [802.3_PDCC] rewrite homework item

I don’t see the ‘cables and connectors’ phrase below, (or the term ‘cabling’ which means the same, but doesn’t restrict to being between equipment interfaces with connections) and since the requirement we are commenting on talks directly about the conductor diameter, as well as the construction (paired conductor cable) I think we stick close to what they’ve written already.  Also, ‘link’ is a bit problematic because it includes the connector on the equipment… again, not part of what is being described here.

From: Michael Maytum <mjmaytum@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, August 26, 2021 10:50 AM
To: STDS-802-3-PDCC@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [802.3_PDCC] rewrite homework item

I now use the ISO/IEC Ethernet  JTC 1/SC 25 group term "link" in items I'm writing, it avoids the tortuous cable and connectors phrase.

link: transmission path between two cabling system interfaces, including the connections at each end
Published in:    ISO/IEC 11801, ed. 2.0

Then you can talk about the link current capability, which includes both wire and connector contacts.

Regards

Mick