RE: [LinkSec] Bridge Details

I'm biting :-)

FWIW, here is what IETF is doing - it enables remote participation to its meetings for almost ten years. IP multicast is used for this purpose, providing live video distribution over the Internet of what is going on in the meeting room. Lately, a chat-like technology is being used to allow easier contact and free off-line discussion of remote or even in-room participants - with one in-room participant acting as mediator between the chat and the room.

On the minus side - this technology requires some Internet competency to use. IETF does not lack this, and the sponsoring organization takes usually care of networking the event. It also comes at a price. The IETF meeting registration fees are higher than the IEEE registration fees and enhanced connectivity capabilities may be part of the cost tag.

However, it is my believe that 802 needs to change rules, and adapt to the current environment, characterized by travel restrictions and increased technological capability of remote participation. After all, probably nobody disputes the fact that in 20 or 50 years from now such meetings will be virtual, we are just arguing about the timeframe :-)

Dan