RE: [LinkSec] Work in progress on a Security Architecture (one persons view)

Bob,

With the devil being in the details here even more than usual (if that's
possible), I appreciate the solution oriented forward look.

1) The point was made in Hawaii that the original Needham-Schroder was
vulnerable to the use of old compromised keys, but Kerberos requires a time
service which itself can be compromised. Are you actually thinking of using
Kerberos and postulating a secured time service (difficult in this context),
or are you thinking of the Otway-Rees improvement to N-S.

2) Although it may offend top-down purists, solutions that have most of
their pieces already in place tend to win out. One of the most difficult
things to magic up a new version of is an Authentication Server (I guess a
good reason for using Kerberos with the time issue painstakingly fixed). I
guess anything that doesn't look like real Kerberos to the AS may fail this
test.

Mick